Dan D’Agostino Relentless Epic 1600 Monoblock Amplifier
The Dan D’Agostino Relentless Epic 1600 Monoblock Amplifier is a testament to engineering excellence, pushing the boundaries of amplifier performance to new heights. Born from four years of relentless pursuit of perfection, the Relentless Epic 1600 is aptly described as a “Velvet Hammer” – offering both finesse and tremendous power.
1. Unprecedented Circuit Design:
- Unlike conventional bridged amplifiers, the Relentless Epic 1600 utilizes a single front-end topology based on current mirror circuitry to derive symmetrical power rails. This ensures perfect balance and eliminates distortion artifacts.
- The absence of global negative feedback results in truly impressive distortion figures.
2. Enhanced Input Stage:
- New input stage devices deliver a 300% increase in current, leading to broader bandwidth and extended low and high-frequency performance.
3. Remarkable Power Output:
- With a robust 5.5-kilowatt power supply, the amplifier effortlessly delivers 1,600 watts into 8 ohms. When connected to a 220-volt or higher AC mains outlet, it can double its output to 3,200 watts into 4 ohms and an astounding 6,400 watts into 2 ohms.
4. Class A Operation:
- The new bias stability circuit provides nearly 50% more operating bias, resulting in increased Class A operation and, consequently, improved sound quality.
5. Super Rail Concept:
- The exclusive Super Rail concept employs higher voltage rails before the output stage, effectively “turbocharging” the amplifier. This maximizes performance, enhancing dynamics, reducing distortion, and tightening the amplifier’s control over the speaker.
6. Ultimate Control for Any Loudspeaker:
- The driver section has been upgraded to handle 33% more power per device. Doubling the driver transistor count minimizes individual device demands, lowering overall amplifier output impedance without relying on global negative feedback.
7. Sophisticated Thermal Management:
- The Copper/Aluminum heatsinks, along with a new bias scheme, ensure temperature stability even under extreme demands.
8. Exquisite Design and Craftsmanship:
- The amplifier’s power meter is over eight inches in diameter and automatically adjusts its range and response to the incoming signal level. The elliptical heat sink design, combining copper and aluminum, ensures efficient heat dissipation.
9. Solid Construction:
- The chassis is machined from solid aluminum, providing superior shielding, thermal stability, and vibration damping. High-precision milling allows for a seamless fit with no visible fasteners.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, ±0 dB; <0.1 Hz to 100 kHz +0/-3 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >113 dB, wideband, unweighted, ref. to full power output
- Gain: 28 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.007% at 1 kHz, at 1,500 W, 8Ω
- Input Impedance: 100 kΩ
- Output Power:
- 1,500 W RMS at 8Ω
- 3,000 W RMS at 4Ω
- 6,000 W RMS at 2Ω
- Output Voltage: 320 V peak-to-peak, 113 V RMS
- Output Current: 400 A peak
- Output Impedance: <0.03Ω, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Damping Factor: >267, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, ref. to 8 Ohms
- Slew Rate: 100 V/μs
- Power Consumption:
- Standby: 40 W
- Idle: 480 W
- Maximum: 10 kW
- Inputs: 1 balanced via XLR connector
- Outputs: 1 pair binding posts
- Weight: 570lb / 258Kg
The Dan D’Agostino Relentless Epic 1600 Monoblock Amplifier redefines what’s possible in amplifier design, delivering both finesse and raw power in a masterful package. It’s an amplifier, reflecting the relentless pursuit of audio perfection.