Dan D’Agostino Progression Preamplifier
The Dan D’Agostino Progression Preamplifier is a masterful creation that introduces many new features to elevate the audio experience. Notably, it offers an optional digital module, extending its capabilities beyond traditional analog processing. This module incorporates coaxial, Toslink, and USB inputs and supports PCM signals up to 24 bit/384 KHz and DSD signals up to 4xDSD (11.2 MHz). This digital module seamlessly integrates with the discrete, entirely complementary, and balanced analog signal path, ensuring a pristine and faithful music reproduction.
- Advanced Control with Bluetooth: The included remote control incorporates Bluetooth technology, providing a substantial increase in range and eliminating line-of-sight limitations commonly associated with IR remote controls. This enhancement grants greater flexibility in controlling the preamplifier from various positions within a room.
- Stepped Balanced Resistor Ladder Volume Control: The volume control system is meticulously designed, utilizing a stepped balanced resistor ladder. This employs high-linearity solid-state relays and discrete precision resistors, ensuring an accurate and transparent volume adjustment. This design also maintains the bandwidth and transient response of the preamplifier circuitry, unaffected by the volume setting.
- Separate Chassis for Power Supply: The power supply is housed in a dedicated chassis with extensive electrical and magnetic shielding. This design choice effectively isolates radiated interference from critical preamplifier circuits, guaranteeing the purest signal path. Additionally, internal circuitry addresses RF noise on the AC power line, compensating for asymmetric power waveforms and DC on the mains.
- Analog Meters Inspired by Swiss Watch Faces: Two analog meters, reminiscent of Swiss watch dials, serve as signal meters and volume indicators. During music playback, they operate as signal meters. When adjustments are made to the volume, the needles transition to display volume levels. Once the adjustments are complete, the meters revert to signal meter mode.
- Frequency Response: 0.1 Hz to 1 MHz, -3dB / 20 Hz to 80 kHz, +/-0.5dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: -95 dB, unweighted
- Gain: +8 or +14 dB (Switchable)
- Distortion: < 0.018% THD+N, 20 Hz to 20kHz
- Outputs: 2 stereo pairs of balanced XLR
- Power Consumption (at Standby): < 40W
- Analog Inputs: 4 stereo pairs of balanced XLR, two stereo pairs of single-ended RCA
- Digital Inputs (w/DAC Module Installed): 1 USB Type A, 1 Optical Toslink, 1 SPDIF Coaxial
The Dan D’Agostino Progression Preamplifier exemplifies innovation and excellence in audio engineering. Its seamless integration of digital capabilities and precision analog processing ensures an unrivaled listening experience. This preamplifier is a testament to D’Agostino’s commitment to advancing the boundaries of audio fidelity.