In Store Only
- Floor Standing Speaker
With the Ambience BA71 Dieter Burmester created a loudspeaker that combines striking sound with highest musical fidelity and almost unlimited power reserves.
The Burmester BA71’s fundamental bass power despite its lean and elegant appearance is due to the separation of the bass diaphragm into four identical, compact bass drivers, which are energetically supported in the lowest registers by a bass reflex port. Two low-to-mid range drivers in a sealed compartment for each speaker provide well-balanced, tonally correct sound up to the treble register for which a new Air Motion Transformer (AMT) tweeter has been custom developed. However, what really sets this speaker apart is its adaptability to different rooms and listening tastes. An additional, rear-firing ambience tweeter can be infinitely adjusted to adapt the sound to individual tastes or listening room acoustics. It opens up the width and depth of the soundstage in a way that heretofore seemed possible only with omnidirectional or dipole speakers. However, with Burmester’s Ambience loudspeakers this phenomenon is not only achievable but also adjustable.
The front of this elegant speaker is made of solid aluminum and available in silver, medium bronzed or black. The speaker enclosure made of solid wood is elaborately braced on the inside and available in these cabinet finishes: High-gloss makassar, high-gloss walnut in light or dark, high-gloss white or high-gloss black enamel. Of course, the finish of fronts and cabinets may be custom combined.
Drivers are carefully selected and subjected to a weeklong burn-in process before mounted in identical pairs to ensure perfect stereo sound. The hand-assembled frequency crossovers are carefully connected to the drivers, with individual crossovers for different frequency ranges to ensure optimal performance. They are expertly mounted as close as possible to the respective drivers.
Breathtaking spaciousness. Meticulous reproduction of even the most subtle musical details. Complemented by a mighty dynamics, warmth and substance in genuine Burmester quality.
- Four identical drivers for enormous power handling and dynamics, coupled with high sensitivity
- Reflex design for a powerful, clean low-end
- Two identical low-mid drivers for a totally sovereign and pleasantly warm reproduction of the fundamental range
- Separate, closed chamber for the low-mid chassis to save them from the low-frequent pressure waves and thus refine the midrange
- Air Motion Transformer (AMT) with feather-light diaphragm, super strong neodymium drive, outstanding wealth of details, sonic neutrality and continuous high-level capability
- Identical Ambience tweeter on the cabinet’s rear side with level control for the individual adjustment of the spatial character of the sound image
- High-quality terminal panel suitable for massive cable lugs and e.g. low-mass hollow banana plugs
- Optional bi-wiring or bi-amping operation mode to use e.g. different power amps for the low and high/mid frequency ranges
- The cabinets with acoustically decoupled aluminium fronts and braced MDF walls enhance the low-resonance reproduction of the fundamental range
- Veneer and lacquer finishes in five different versions may be combined with alu fronts in three different colors
Structural principle: 3-way bass reflex
Nominal power handling: 300 W
Sensitivity at 2,83V/1m: 91 dB
Nominal impedance: 4Ω
Frequency range ±3 dB: 38-40.000 Hz
Tweeter: 2 x Air Motion Transformer
Midrange driver: 2 x 160 mm Polymer Composite membrane 75 mm coil
Low-midrange driver: 4 x 160 mm Polymer Composite membrane 75 mm coil
Crossover frequencies: 180/2.600 Hz
Weight per piece: 112.4 lbs
Dimensions (W x H x D): 11.9" x 48.5" x 19.7"