In Store Only
Elear are audiophile open-backed headphones manufactured in France by Focal. Inspired by the best technology and acoustic research that went into designing Utopia, Focal’s flagship headphones, they offer truly exceptional performance.
- Brochures and Manuals
The mechanical design provides remarkably smooth and seamless style due to the solid aluminium yoke. They also feature memory foam ear cushions for maximum comfort, an essential quality for long listening sessions. Finally, the exclusive speaker drivers with their aluminium/magnesium ‘M’-shaped domes enable Elear to provide strikingly realistic sound. Be inspired by the sound of a high-fidelity system with a pair of Elear headphones, for hours of listening pleasure.
- Headphones Made in France
- Open back circum-aural headphones dedicated to low noise environments
- High-fidelity pair of headphones featuring full range loudspeakers made of Aluminum-Magnesium “M” shape dome (patent pending)
- Mechanical design offering a full compatibility to any morphology
- Balanced cable with channels separation for fast and easy custom-made solutions (bi-amp)
Elear is an open back pair of headphones featuring numerous innovations from Focal, which are key to their outstanding acoustics performance. Elear offers the world’s first, full range and fully open back loudspeaker, built-in to a pair of headphones. Additionally, they are made from an Aluminum-Magnesium blend, in a formed shape, unique to Focal with the company’s brand new “M” shape dome. This new dome shape has originated from the research performed during the Utopia headphone project that will offer the highest quality sound, while avoiding potential avenues of distortion. The acoustic quality of this exclusive solution allowed Focal to avoid the use of any crossover or passive filtering process in order to achieve a frequency response from 5Hz to 23kHz. The result is thus impressively realistic, making the headphones virtually disappear and providing listeners with a truly unique high-fidelity audio experience. Elear also benefits from the R&D done on Utopia. With regards to mechanical design, the rotation traditionally included on the yoke has been moved into the headband to ensure the total purity of the design. The microfiber fabric, used on the cushions, offers a true comfort for all head shapes and sizes – a quality that is mandatory for long listening sessions.
- Type: Circum-aural open back headphones
- Impedance: 80 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 104dB SPL / 1mW @ 1kHz
- THD: <0.3% @ 1kHz / 100dB SPL
- Frequency response: 5Hz – 23kHz
- Loudspeaker: 137⁄64“ (40mm) Aluminum-Magnesium “M” shape dome
- Weight: 0.99lb (450g)
- Cable length: 13.1ft (4m) Connectors 1 x 01/4“ (6.35mm) stereo Jack connector 2 x 09⁄64“ (3.5mm) Jack
- Carrying case: 12 53⁄64“ x 10 15⁄64“ x 6 29⁄64“
- Rigid case with magnetic closing mechanism
- 4m (13ft.) OFC cable: 1 x 6.35mm stereo jack 2 x 3.5mm jack connectors